Saturday, August 4, 2012

Central City Market, Santa Maria, CA

Central City Market a Miserable Dining Experience

I was in downtown Santa Maria today on business and decided to give this place a try because it had some positive Yelp reviews. I had been here before and did not like my previous experience and thought it was just a fluke. What a mistake!

Bad, bad experience here!  I was trying to give them another chance but they FAILED to even provide the basics.  I tried them because of other yelp reviews but honestly this place sucks, but then it is in Santa Maria, and I guess it might be better than McDonald's.

Cons

VERY limited menu.
No Vegetarian Selections
Lots of flies (probably because, see next item)
3 tables that weren't cleaned off for my entire visit.
40 minutes to get a side salad, the only thing available for someone not wanting meat.
Had to ask for my glass of water three times.
Wine arrived in a lipstick printed glass.
Salads sat under the pickup window lights.
Didn't get the basket of bread.
Person walking around with someone's food and a dirty bar towel.
Dead flowers on the table. Unbelievably DEAD flowers on the table.

Pros

Our server was friendly.
Okay wine selection.
Okay ambiance.

Bottom Line

No, overall it is NOT better than McDonald's, I won't return here willingly.

Central City Market
345 Town Ctr E
Santa Maria, CA 93454
(805) 925-7766

No comments:

Post a Comment